Control your lights, ceiling fans, and other fixtures from anywhere with the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switches. The smart switches install as easily as a traditional light switch, and connect to your home Wi-Fi in no time through the Kasa Smart app.
Smart Switch, Smart House
Create the perfect mood with a simple voice command, tap of an app or click of a switch. Kasa Smart provides a full suite of Wi-Fi switches, from dimmers to 3-way switches, that work together with the Kasa Smart app to design one of the best lighting for any occasion. Even set schedules to make it look like you’re home when you’re not.
Your Home. One App.
Control the ambiance of any space with the push of a button from anywhere using the Kasa Smart app. From scheduling to creating scenes, the Kasa Smart app puts you in control, wherever you are.
Group your smart Wi-Fi switch with other Kasa Smart devices to create ‘Scenes’. From smart switches, to smart bulbs, to smart plugs – turn your entire home into a smart home. Make it look like you’re home when you’re not, or set a sunrise routine to start your day.
Control with Your Voice
Set lighting levels using voice control with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Microsoft Cortana.
Safe and Easy to Install
With easy to understand step-by-step instructions, the Kasa Smart app walks you through how to safely and quickly install your new light switch.
- Control from Anywhere – Turn Electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa Smart app (compatible w/Android & iOS)
- Voice Control – Works with Amazon Alexa, Google assistant and Microsoft Cortana supported devices for a hands-free experience
- Guided install: No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs. Auxiliary switch configurations. The Kasa Smart app guides you through easy step-by-step installation
- Full Lighting Solution – Replace standard switches with the Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, dim bulbs with the Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, Dimmer or use the Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, 3-way Kit to replace 3-way switches. Kasa app guides through installation
- Peace of Mind with Quality and Design – Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switches are UL certified ensuring safety and reliability with the user experience.
- I have had this for about a month and really like it. It works consistently both with the app and Alexa. Installation was easy too.
The best feature is that it is more energy efficient than competitive switches. I bought a Leviton switch initially (DW15S-1BZ) and found it disconcerting how warm it was. I bought this TP-Link switch and installed it in another room to compare. This switch is cool to the touch. It uses a little bit of power even when the light is off, but not a noticeable amount. The TP-Link Switch is about 8 degrees warmer than the ambient room temperature. In comparison, the Leviton switch was 20 degrees warmer which is warm enough to notice.
My biggest compliant is that it requires you to push the lower section to both turn it on and off. When you go to turn it on, you expect to be able to push the top. Nothing happens there though (you can’t depress it, so you know something’s not right). When you push the lower section, it will toggle on/off. It works great, but isn’t as intuitive as the Leviton switch which allows you to use the upper/lower section to turn it on/off. Even so, you adapt quickly. I plan to buy more of these despite this shortcoming.
I attached some photos showing temperature measurements on this switch and another one. Both are off. It shows this one is much cooler because it is more energy efficient. Temperatures were taken using a Fluke IR temperature sensor. I also took current and voltage waveforms using a Keithley DMM7510 (see various attached screen hots). I found the power to be about 0.5 W when the switch is off or 1.62 W when the switch is on. This was 3 times less power when the switch was off when compared to the Leviton switch (1.86W whether on or off)
- As advertised. Easy to install and keep in mind it was my first time ever that I had to change or touch a light switch more than turning on/off the light. My main concern was that in my garage I have a 2 gang switch (one switch for the garage lights and the other for the outside lights) and was worried if one of these smart switches will fit next to the regular switch and under the same main original cover….Let me tell you, everything was on point.
- After I had bought three good working wifi plugs I first ordered one and then another switch, before trying to properly install the first switch. Turned out, both did not switch the light on. They connected to the wifi just fine and I was able to operate the switch manually and via the app alas the lights would not go on. I put the old manual switch back in and the lights worked – so it was not the light that was defective. Tried their online help – takes ages for someone to respond by chat. After some back and forth they sent me a link with installation instructions, which I had followed anyway. Then they admitted they cannot help and I should return the switches to Amazon.
I also tried their phone service line – what a horrible experience. Took 10 attempts to just get the auto response system. Then waiting, waiting and waiting. Got disconnected three times after considerable wait time and once while speaking to an agent. But I did not give up, hoping I will be able to make the switches work. The last agent I was able to speak to suggested I should contact a professional electrician. Thank you for that. I am an electrician by trade and have a masters degree in electrical engineering.
Still, I have asked Amazon to send replacements, hoping that the two I had were just defective. However, my suggestion at this point – do not buy these switches!