I got some smart plugs so that I could turn on inside lights if we come home after dark with the app on my phone.
My 82 y.o. Dad lives with me & has a hard time walking & he’s also losing his ability to see at all in the dark, because of Macular
Degeneration. So the last thing I need is him tripping over something in the dark, trying to turn lights on!!
I have an Echo & Dot in my room, which I mostly use to stream music with my Amazon Music Unlimited.
I was controlling even his bedroom light & the hallway light with the app on my phone as well as my Echo.
So I bought two more Dots during prime day sale.
It’s been a game changer!! My Dad struggled, even with the app on his phone to control the lights. Now that we have a Dot in his
bedroom & an Echo & Dot in the living room, he’s very easily learned how to ask Alexa to turn on the hallway light, his bedroom light
when he’s going to bed!! NO MORE STUMBLING AROUND IN THE DARK or trying to remember where he put his flashlight!!
- This bundle contains the Echo (2nd Generation) and Kasa Smart Plug Mini (HS105).
- Connect your smart plug to Alexa for easy voice control of your lamp, fan, coffee maker, or other household appliance.
- Control your plug remotely with the Amazon Alexa app to create routines and group your smart home devices.
- Echo (2nd Generation) has seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, and can hear you from any direction—even while music is playing.
- The Echo (2nd Generation) has a new speaker, now with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. Echo can fill the room with 360° omnidirectional audio.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
- Amazing speaker and sound quality! This device is by far the best speaker I have purchased. It gets really loud, so I usually keep it on volume 3/10. And even on volume level 3, I can still feel the base shaking my table and floor.
- The price! For $99, (most of the time a lot cheaper) you get an amazing speaker, the Alexa AI, and all the power cords and adapters.
- Interchangeable Skins. You can buy any skin of your liking for the device and switch it out! While I have been fine with the default skin I bought the device with, it is a very nice option that usually goes unnoticed.
- The microphones do a great job hearing me from absurd distances away. Even from a few rooms over, she can hear and respond to me. The 7 speakers on top are placed in a great position to add that pro.
- The status LEDs on top are very bright and color accurate! I love all the different colors that Amazon has added to the device to mean different things. Very nice feature other Smart Speakers do not have.
- Wish Echo’s could be grouped on more than one group.
- Be sure to indicate any Alexa device your buying from Amazon AS A GIFT if your giving it away, otherwise Amazon sets the device to be on your Alexa network and the gift recipient will end up with your Alexa options and info such as your shopping lists ect until deleted from your account.
If you already have an Echo 1st generation, other than being shorter and having finish options, there is no real improvement in features. But the price is good and now I have 3 Echos. With the dots, that covers my living space pretty well so I have audiobooks and music everywhere.